Saturday 19 April 2008

The Beginning

Hi all,

Well finally I managed to create my own blog after some time of reading others.,albeit deliberately.

Maybe I was lazy or just didn't have enough courage, I don't know.

Welcome to my blog, my thoughts and life away from home.

Today is Saturday April 19,2008.

Another gloomy and cloudy spring (or is it?) morning in London.

Don't know what to write this morning.

Just bought a few mp3 songs on the net from The Beatles, Van Morrisson and listening to old Malay mp3 downloaded last night.

Some childhood nostalgia songs like Kain Pelikat (la la la la) by Anuar and Ellina.

Sedap pulak dengar suara dia orang nih...nostalgia beb.

While looking for old Malay songs last night on the net, I stumbled with a website (can't remember the name right now), where I found a lot of old 60s,70s and even 50s Malay songs .
I also found some 80's song like Dr. Sam's-Saya anak Malaysia

These songs are actually nice to listen and for some reason, I felt so patriotic when I listened to Saya anak Malaysia.

I guess where ever we go, kita tetap anak Malaysia be you a Malay, Chinese, Indian, Iban, Bidayuh, Kadazan etc.

But looking at Malaysia today, I kinda feel sad that the country (the Malays especially) try very hard to sideline their own culture for a culture they don't really belong to.

Anyway, I will write more about this when I feel like it...hahahahaha.. :)

3 comments:

D said...

welcome to the world of blogging. Kain Pelikat? Saya Anak Malaysia? Errr.. you sound like one from MY era! How old aaaa??

All The Cars In The World said...

Me? Coming to 36 this year.

D said...

hey, same then!! fishy fishy...